Bring Your Own Bottle
What’s the Problem for the Planet?
What do drinking water and reusing your bottle have to do with caring for the planet? A lot!
Using bottles, cans, plastic and Styrofoam cups often end up as waste or are recycled (which takes energy). Plus, many drinks come in single-serving containers and can end up in landfills or worse, as litter! This pollution hurts birds, turtles and many other land and sea animals.
And, it takes more energy to produce, fill, ship and recycle plastic water bottles than it does to bring public drinking water to your tap! Transportation burns fossil fuels (like coal and oil) and releases CO2 into the air which is causing climate change and that’s not good news.
The most planet-friendly thing you can do is drink tap water in a refillable bottle.
If you take this Act for the Planet you are:
- protecting birds, turtles, and many other sea and land animals by creating less pollution or toxins
- saving raw materials like oil, trees and minerals (check out the Step-by-Step guide for more info)
- creating less garbage everyday which can add up to a whole mountain of waste over a year!
We all need clean water to survive (including animals). Fresh, clean drinking water:
- Gives you energy
- Controls your body temperature when playing sports or on hot summer days
- Helps you get better if you’re sick—it gets rid of those nasty germs
Ready to Act?
I’m Acting for the Planet by using a reusable bottle!
Not the Act for you? Check out the other Acts for the Planet that you can do!