Tree planting is the most popular Earth Day event and one of the most common activities people associate with helping the Earth. Millions of trees are planted by Canadians each year. Planting is an act of putting down roots and contributing to the future. The simple act of planting a tree, helps the environment in so many ways.
- filter pollution from the air
- help recycle water
- prevent soil loss
- create shade
- give shelter from wind and rain
- provide homes for animals
- make food for humans and wildlife
- provide an interesting, soothing, learning environment for children and your community
- and much more!
Without trees, there would be no life on this planet!