TD Friends Of The Environment Foundation
Provides assistance to communities, organizations and individuals involved in establishing environmental programs. Visit the branch nearest you for an application form, or www.fef.ca for more information and an online form.
Canadian Tire Community Environment Award
Encourages associate store employees to sponsor applications initiated by schools, community groups and non-profit organizations. Contact your local stores branch manager for an application form or visit www.canadiantire.ca for more information.
Mountain Equipment Co-Op
Provides information on how to apply for regional funding and on the types of projects that have been funded in the past (log onto www.mec.ca and look for the MEC Community link for more information.) Contact your local store for a funding application.
Tree Plan Canada
Offers funding and/or technical expertise to planting groups (www.treecanada.ca).
Your Own Fundraising Initiatives
- Create fundraising projects to generate funds and solicit financial support. Be sure to offer promotional benefits to donors.
- Contact local businesses to sponsor part of your forest. Provide them with a plaque on the forest grounds recognizing their contribution.
- Contact your local nursery for donations of seedlings or mature trees.
- Ask your local government about what resources and funding grants they have available for community tree planting projects.
- Visit your local philanthropy centre to peruse the directory of foundations to discover the ones that fund community planting projects.
- Encourage each student/family to contribute to the forest by buying one seedling. Each seedling can be tagged with the donor familys name.